Saturday, August 24, 2013

Last MTC Letter (July 27, 2013)


Note: Andrew sent us one final, actual dead-tree letter.  Two sections of it were in Korean; the scans of what he wrote are shown, with English translations.



27 Sat 2013


Translation:

To My Family-


How are you doing, everybody?
I appreciate for giving me your love and attention while I am staying in MTC.
I am very happy to get the letter and package from my family.
I am not fluent in using Korean now, but promise to try my best.

Anyways, I figured since I was going to send a letter anyways, I might as well write a real letter to say thinks for all the letters you sent me!

I've learned a ton here at the MTC -- looking back, I always thought that my job here was to study Korean, but I know so, so much more about being a missionary now than 9 weeks previous. I don't know, it's still hard; trying to always teach with the Spirit, focusing on the investigator... there's a lot I need to improve on! There's a lot to remember, but I know the Lord won't let me stray too far away before helping me out and pointing me in the right direction.

MTC's been good. I'll miss my district though -- after struggling and learn together for 9 weeks, you can get pretty close to people. I think most districts (as far as I can tell anyway) tend to go to the same mission, so it's too bad our district is split. I'll miss Elder Diede a lot -- most of the others that I'm closest to are going to Pusan as well, so I'll see them around.

I'm nervous about being in Korea (of course!), but excited to go and get started. And having permisson to sleep with reckless abandon on the plane is nice too! :)  I don't know if anyone's going to get sleep Sunday night though -- we've waited so long, and now it's time!

Anyways, thank you for all the support and encouragement! I've been so blessed here because of all the prayers being said for me and the rest of the missionaries in the world. When the work gets tough, I'll think of everyone rooting for me. I know that God is watching over me, and each and every one of you. If we do our part, God will bless us to be able to fulfill His purposes. All he asks is that we don't give up.




I want you to be happy every day.
I believe we can be happy by trying to obey His words.
I know He wants to bless us always.

I love you,
Elder Luke


Now the question is, is Dad going to translate my Korean or no? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment