Monday, April 20, 2015

Transfer 16 (!) - week 1 (April 20, 2015)



안녕하세요! (Annyeonghaseyo!)

Well, this is the last transfer for me. I honestly haven't thought about it too much so far, but it kind of hit me as Elder Boome started packing, that that's what I'd be doing in 6 weeks. The 부 (bu = slang for "mission office") sent me a packet of stuff to take care of, forms to fill out and stuff to know about going home, which isn't helping, haha. I guess I just feel like it's hard to believe that the last transfer is here, and I'm not sure what to feel. Hm.

I guess first of all, we started a new transfer, and I'm staying in 상인 (Sangin), and Elder Wunderli will be coming here. He was actually our district leader last transfer, and so he's coming from an area that's just like 45 minutes away from 상인 (Sangin). He's got 2 transfers left, so he's a pretty old missionary as well. I had several members comment that I've been in 상인 (Sanginfor a long time - Elder Boome and one of the sisters left, and so the members were like "Wait, Elder Luke, are you not transfering? When did you get to 상인 (Sangin)? When are you going home again?" But I'll be here for the next 6 weeks!

This last week was pretty busy, though I can't really remember with what. Elder Boome had a bunch of stuff to do as he prepared to go home, so we went down to Busan once, and he spend like all his free time writing in "memory books" (which are just notebooks that people have, and they give them to their friends and companions to write it. People put in pictures and stuff and it's just basically a letter to that missionary. Elder Boome's leaving, so he had like 6 people ask him to write in theirs, haha.). Like I wrote last week, we spend a lot of time with members.

Not too to write about has been going on in 상인 (Sangin)... we met with 전상현 (Jeon Sanghyeon) again (I think I already mentioned him but....). He's the 8 year old son of a recent convert, and we've been teaching him the lessons reaaaally simply to him before he gets baptized.

Oh, we had a stake meeting for recent converts (half talks/testimonies and half special musical numbers - it was really good), and 이예진s (Sis. I Yejin) gave a talk! The stake asked her to basically share her conversion story, and she did a really good job. She looked really nervous sitting on the stand though. It seemed like a lot of missionaries were able to bring a lot of investigators and recent converts there, which is really good. We've done a meeting like that in 대구 (Deagu) in the past, and it was all really good except for the fact that not that many people showed up.

We had ward conference this last Sunday - in a ward with normally 60-70 people, we had 102 total show up that day. The sisters said they counted like 10 less actives, and a lot of the members brought family and friends (I think our bishop's family brought like 5 people - he told us that he invited like 8 people). So that meeting was a huge success - the members do a really good job trying to do member missionary work here.

Honestly, there's not that much to write about, so it's kind of short, but I'm just going to leave it here.

Until next week!

Love,
- Elder Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment