Monday, April 13, 2015

Transfer 15, week 6 (April 13, 2015)


안녕하세요! (Annyeonghaseyo!)

Did you all have a good General Conference? We actually have been busy with this and that and still haven't been able to watch the Priesthood session, and we thought we might have to miss some of the other ones as well, but things worked out well. 

On of my questions going into conference was "What do I need to do after my mission? What do I need to focus on?" and I feel like I got a lot of insights into that question. I still need to figure out some stuff and set some goals still, but I was able to learn a lot from Conference. I especially liked the talk on having an eternal perspective - it seems like a lot of the things we worry about kind of fade away when we try and focus on just what's most important.

이예진s (Sis. I Yejin) came out to church this week (like 40 minutes late but still), and watched part of conference. I didn't get to talk to her much, but Elder Boome said that she said she liked it. I think it helped that she only watched like an hour, and not the whole 10 hours that she could have, haha. Her brother didn't come though - we wanted to talk with him and see if we could start teaching him again, but that might have to wait a bit. It kind of seems like he wants a little space to do what he wants though, so we'll try not to pressure him too much. The members seem to be doing a good job contacting them so I think things will all work out well.

We had a huge problem with our phone over the past couple of days in the mission. Our mission doesn't actually work with the cell phones; there's some office up in Seoul that manages all that, and apparently someone somewhere didn't pay a bill, because probably 90% of the phones in the mission can't make calls or send texts anymore. It's been pretty crazy, and basically anyone with a working phone has become super busy calling everyone and trying to coordinate things (our phones can accept calls and texts). We haven't been able to contact a few people we wanted to, so that's been too bad, but we've had some really quiet evenings as well. Actually, this is probably the most free time I've had at night since that past like year or so, and that's been a huge blessing. I've been able to write in my journal, get around to the things I've been meaning to do, and just relax. Pretty much no one can call us and we can't call anyone, haha. Luckily, we didn't have any like important appointments or anything that was canceled because of the phone situation. They say the phone will be working by tonight, so then it's back to our busy nights again. 

We met one 김동수b (Bro. Gim Dongsu) this week, who is a referral/contact from another area in 대구 (Daegu). It was a pretty short meeting, maybe just like 15-20 minutes. He seems pretty interested in church, and actually agreed to try coming. He didn't, unfortunately, and we couldn't call him this last Sunday, but we're hoping to meet him again and try teaching him. He's a little bit strange (maybe just awkward? kind of thinks a long time before asking questions, and doesn't talk too much, but all his questions were pretty good), so we'll see where he goes.

Let's see, we had Zone Training Meeting again, and all went well there. Not sure how everyone else felt about it, but I really enjoyed the meeting. I think things went well, and everyone did a good job with their talks and things. So preparing for that meeting and General Conference kind of ate up a lot of time this week. I think we'll spend a lot of time with members the next week; Elder Boome's leaving, and so we've already got like 3 appointments or so set up. We should be pretty busy I think!

So I think that's about it this week... Thank you so much!

Love,
Elder Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment