Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Transfer 16, week 6 (May 25, 2015)



안녕하세요! (Annyeonghaseyo!)

I don't think we get time to email next Monday (I'll be in 부산 (Busan) finishing up going home stuff), so this will probably be the last email from Korea!

We're emailing today because we had a ward activity last Monday - a "체육대회" (cheyudaehoi = "athletic meet") which is like.... an excercise conference? We played a bunch of sports is what I'm trying to say.

대구 (Daegu)'s been super hot lately, so everyone was really tired by the end of it all, but it was really fun and it was good to be able to see all our members. I think our AC said it was 27 degress C last night. It feels like the hot air just sits there - like, the wind will blow but the wind is just as hot as everything else, haha. I might have mentioned this already, but all the members tell me I'm lucky to leave 대구 (Daegubefore it "really gets hot."

We met with a referral from our bishop this week. He's like 9 years old, so kind of a hard.... investigator. His mother wants us to teach English to him so we do that and share a message afterwards. Really, for him to progress and be baptized and everything, his mother needs to come to church, but she's a former investigator and I'm not sure how interested she is our church. Our bishop's done a lot of work working with her family though.

Mom mentioned that Dad said that we might see Pres. Zarkou to release me the Wednsday I get back. I'd like to do that if you can arrange it please! One of the recently returned missionaries in our ward said that he couldn't meet with his stake president for a day, and that it was really hard for him, since he was still a missionary, but had nothing to do. He still had to obey missionary rules I think, like waking up at 6:30 and stuff, then he just kind of sat there all day, he said, haha. So if that's possible, I think being released early is best.

Well, this is pretty short this week as well, haha. I will do my best this next week, and see you next week! Goodbye and see you in a bit!

Love,
Elder Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment